Monday 13 June 2011

What's To Become Of The Boy?

Today I was at a luncheon featuring, as guest speaker, the current principal of my university alma mater.  During lunch, before he spoke, there was some discussion at my table about the recently emerging phenomenon of disproportionate enrolment and achievement of young women in post-secondary institutions; and the emergence of women in the work world generally.  I found it interesting that issues that I've recently been trying to sort out in my mind and get into this blog have registered with others (of both genders).  So, I'm going to press on and try to get some things down here.  My biggest problem is how to approach these issues without coming across as chauvinistic or anti-girl power or a defender of underachieving boys.  BTW, the title of this entry is the translated title of a Heinrich Boll memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment